Your privacy is critically important to us. At Polybook, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We won’t sell or share your information with any other 3rd party sites or entities.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is shared publicly (or kept private).
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
I. Data Collection and Use.
We may collect and store some or all of the following information you make available to us:
- Information you provide when you contact us for help
In addition, the Application may collect and store additional information automatically, such as:
- Device registration data (e.g., the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device or advertising ID, IP address, operating system and browser type)
- Device settings (e.g., language preference)
- Mobile carrier
- Information about how you use the Application (for example, how many times you use the Application each day)
- Requested and referring URLs
- Location data collected through your device (including, for example, precise location data such as GPS).
We will only collect, keep and use Personal Data for legitimate business purposes, to improve our product and to fulfil our legal obligations.
We may also use it to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, notices and marketing promotions regarding Polybook.
Children. We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com
II. Sharing Information. We may share the information you provide or that we collect:
- to improve your experience with our Applications, products and services;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or other security issues, or respond to a government request, a subpoena or similar legal process;
- with our service providers who work on our behalf, and do not have an independent right to use the information we disclose to them; for example, they may handle credit card processing, data management, feature administration, email distribution, market research, information analysis, and promotions management; and
- if we or the Application is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of applicable stock or assets.
III. Managing Your Information. We retain information for as long as required, allowed or we believe it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires the handling or retention of information. You must keep your own separate back-up records. Please note that some or all of the data you provided may be required in order for the Application to function properly or may be retained in backup storage. We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide industry-standard physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we take reasonable measures to limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.